Senior IT Support Analyst (Lawrence, KS)« Back
Job #: 03-233
Location: Lawrence, KS
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of cancer patients by tackling key mechanisms of drug resistance that limit the rate and/or durability of response to existing cancer therapies. Our small molecule drug candidates are directed against an important family of enzymes called kinases, known to be directly involved in the growth and spread of many cancers. We use our deep understanding of kinase biology together with a proprietary chemistry library to purposefully design compounds that maintain kinases in a “switched off’ or inactivated conformation. These therapies comprise tumor-targeted agents designed to address therapeutic resistance causing mutations and immuno-targeted agents designed to control the activation of immunokinases that suppress critical immune system regulators, such as macrophages. We have used our platform to develop a diverse pipeline of tumor-targeted and immuno-targeted drug candidates designed to improve outcomes for patients with cancer by improving the quality, rate and/or durability of their response to treatment.,
We are seeking a Senior IT Support Analyst to be responsible for providing the Deciphera community with a highly productive workspace environment along with solid mobility capabilities including a satisfactory 24×7 end-to end support model.
This position will report to the Director, IT and be located in the Lawrence, KS office.
- Performs on-site tier2 support – resolution of PC, iPad and smartphone requests including diagnosis, problem resolution, escalation and follow-up with Associates on specific requests.
- Monitors administrative activities including project updates and status reports, as necessary.
- Infrastructure administrative and support, as necessary.
- Actively participates in Engineering projects, for example maintaining our image, testing new software to make sure that it is compatible with current image, acts as a resource for other department for testing programs and systems to increase operational efficiency.
- Develop and continually improve a Knowledge Base for improved incident resolution and user self-service.
- Creates and maintains documentation for systems and solutions as they are installed and upgraded. Publishes the documentation to shared repositories and updates repository, as needed.
- Assist with network operational issues including but not limited to account and security administrations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Self-motivated, confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
- Ability to make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions and take corresponding actions.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships in order to strengthen decision-making.
- Proactively seeks out and recommends process improvements.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Flexibility in handling work flow in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 – 6 years’ experience in Help Desk Services.
- Experience with Active Directory administration, deployments, and automation.
- Experience supporting remote employees or virtual organizations.
- Support of applications such as Microsoft Office with Outlook/Exchange.
- Experience supporting iOS and Android smartphone using MDM software (e.g. Airwatch or Intune).
- Experience supporting iPads preferred.
- Experience supporting AV systems for conference room preferred.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS or Office365 preferred.
- In-depth experience of operations and control procedures.