Senior Financial Analyst« Back
Job #: 03-250
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Waltham, MA
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of cancer patients. We have used our proprietary drug discovery platform to develop a diverse pipeline of drug candidates designed to improve outcomes for patients with cancer by enhancing the quality, rate and/or durability of their responses to treatment. We currently have three programs in clinical development. Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company headquartered just outside in Waltham, Massachusetts.
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on these key principles:
- Providing a collaborative, energized and fun work environment where people are empowered and supported in the achievement of their career goals
- A diverse and multi-disciplinary workforce
- Dedicated and talented people who are passionate about achieving excellence in all they do
- A work environment that allows you to balance your priorities
- Above all else, a commitment to the patients we serve
The Senior Financial Analyst / Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring high-quality financial information is created and used to drive decisions and operations. This position requires both Corporate Accounting and Financial Analysis skills and will be expected to provide support to the Finance Department through the processing of the day-to-day financial accounting transactions and analysis, assist in the month-end closing process and general accounting activities. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and will be located in our headquarters in Waltham, MA.
- Responsible for various month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing processes – including account reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, and various analyses
- Perform Balance Sheet and Income Statement account analysis and reconciliations
- Interface with Clinical and Commercial organizations to gather information on contracts to determine the appropriate accounting treatment
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting
- Prepare audit/review schedules and interact with auditors for quarterly reviews, annual audit and associated 10-Q and 10-K filings
- Ad-Hoc accounting and finance projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment across multiple senior levels of management
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to meet daily deadlines and prioritize tasks
Deciphera offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.