SEC Reporting Manager« Back
Job #: 03-251
Job Title: SEC Reporting Manager
Location: Waltham, MA
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of cancer patients. We have used our proprietary drug discovery platform to develop a diverse pipeline of drug candidates designed to improve outcomes for patients with cancer by enhancing the quality, rate and/or durability of their responses to treatment. We currently have three programs in clinical development. Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company headquartered just outside in Waltham, Massachusetts.
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on these key principles:
- Providing a collaborative, energized and fun work environment where people are empowered and supported in the achievement of their career goals
- A diverse and multi-disciplinary workforce
- Dedicated and talented people who are passionate about achieving excellence in all they do
- A work environment that allows you to balance your priorities
- Above all else, a commitment to the patients we serve
The SEC Reporting Manager will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of our SEC filings, including the Form 10-Qs and 10-K, and coordination within the organization with respect to miscellaneous filings. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and will be located in our headquarters in Waltham, MA.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of all SEC financial reports (not limited to, but including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 8-K)
- Proof and validate other filings with the SEC (not limited to, but including proxy)
- Manage the preparation of work papers supporting SEC financial filings requirements including financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, etc.
- Manage XBRL process
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance
- Create and maintain our SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadlines
- Design and update accounting policies and procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with 4-6+ years of financial accounting experience with Big 4 or national public accounting firm and/or industry experience
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment across multiple senior levels of management.
Deciphera offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.