Job #: 03-249
Job Title: Paralegal
Location: Waltham, MA
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of cancer patients. We have used our proprietary drug discovery platform to develop a diverse pipeline of drug candidates designed to improve outcomes for patients with cancer by enhancing the quality, rate and/or durability of their responses to treatment. We currently retain global development and commercialization rights to our drug candidates, including three programs in clinical development. Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company headquartered just outside Boston in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our state-of-the-art research facility is located near the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on these key principles:
- providing a collaborative, energized and fun work environment where people are empowered and supported in the achievement of their career goals
- a diverse and multi-disciplinary workforce
- dedicated and talented people who are passionate about achieving excellence in all they do
- a work environment that allows you to balance your priorities
- above all else, a commitment to the patients we serve
We are seeking a Paralegal/Contracts Manager to join our growing legal team. This person will support contract review and processing, help to establish SOPs for the contract management process for the organization and be a key stakeholder in implementing a company-wide contract management system. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Contracts, this individual will work with the business to identify and mitigate legal risk and manage a variety of contracts. This is an exciting opportunity to both build and manage the contracting needs of a growing biotech company.
- Responsible for supporting implementation of the contract process from beginning to end, including communicating and corresponding with internal clients, vendors and other stakeholders, reviewing contract language, and ensuring proper processing, tracking, execution and filing of contracts.
- Review a wide variety of agreements, including but not limited to confidential disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, and work orders
- Provide legal administration services and administrative support for an array of complex issues, as well as the contract intake and management process.
- Identify training needs and assists in the development and presentation of training on relevant contract forms/procedures and legal business practices, policies or issues
- Correspond, communicate, and build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional internal clients and vendors.
- Identify and escalate legal and compliance risks and find solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Assist with the selection and implementation of contracts management database.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent execution and follow through skills.
- Experience drafting and negotiating legal language in standard corporate agreements, some experience with confidential disclosure agreements and/or consulting agreements preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working with contracts in a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to identify business and legal issues.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Manage special projects and performing other duties as assigned by attorneys and contract managers.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Deciphera offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.