Intern (Analytical Chemistry)« Back
Job #: 04-213
Job Title: Intern (Analytical Chemistry)
Location: Lawrence, KS
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of cancer patients. We have used our proprietary drug discovery platform to develop a diverse pipeline of drug candidates designed to improve outcomes for patients with cancer by enhancing the quality, rate and/or durability of their responses to treatment. We currently retain global development and commercialization rights to our drug candidates, including three programs in clinical development. Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company headquartered just outside Boston in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our state-of-the-art research facility is located near the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on these key principles:
- providing a collaborative, energized and fun work environment where people are empowered and supported in the achievement of their career goals
- a diverse and multi-disciplinary workforce
- dedicated and talented people who are passionate about achieving excellence in all they do
- a work environment that allows you to balance your priorities
- above all else, a commitment to the patients we serve
We are seeking an Intern to work within our drug discovery team to assist in the development of the company pipeline of drugs to treat human diseases.
This position will report directly to a Senior Scientist in Chemistry and be located in the Lawrence, KS research facility.
- Weighing compounds for assay by Deciphera’s QA/QC department for acceptance into the company’s screening library. Accurately record the obtained weights and document as required and enter the correct information for individual sample vials. Print labels and apply to the appropriate vial.
- Assist in weighing and packaging of compounds for outsourcing to collaborating laboratories.
- Assist in the upkeep of the Deciphera’s compound inventory.
- Understand and follow all of the companies pertinent safety requirements, including the wearing of gloves and safety glassing while in the laboratory.
- Must be able to transfer milligram amounts of stock sample and accurately weigh using an analytical balance.
- Able to understand and follow Deciphera’s internal standard operating procedures.
- Willingness to take instruction and be able to provide a very high level of attention to detail in all aspects of the assigned tasks.
- A working knowledge of Excel, or similar data processing software, is a definite plus.
- Good knowledge and/or experience in analytical chemistry (or a similar laboratory/ engineering discipline) is a plus.
- Willingness to seek input from others on ideas and problem-solving and use others as a resource.
- An interest in gaining experience in scientific /laboratory environments is a plus.
- Willingness to work in dynamic environment and contribute to a continued enjoyable work atmosphere
Deciphera offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.