Executive Assistant« Back
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of cancer patients. We have used our proprietary drug discovery platform to develop a diverse pipeline of drug candidates designed to improve outcomes for patients with cancer by enhancing the quality, rate and/or durability of their responses to treatment. We currently retain global development and commercialization rights to our drug candidates, including three programs in clinical development. Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company headquartered just outside Boston in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our state-of-the-art research facility is located near the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on these key principles:
• providing a collaborative, energized and fun work environment where people are empowered and supported in the achievement of their career goals
• a diverse and multi-disciplinary workforce • dedicated and talented people who are passionate about achieving excellence in all they do
• a work environment that allows you to balance your priorities • above all else, a commitment to the patients we serve
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of Deciphera as we prepare for growth, moving into a new building, and the launch of our first oncology product. If you are someone who enjoys the administrative challenges and opportunities of a growing biopharmaceutical company this is the job for you!
• Support executive(s) and direct reports with complex calendar management, prioritizing commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas, meeting materials and reporting expenses).
• Scheduling and planning, anticipating needs and proactively and effectively managing time accordingly • Plan and organize both internal and off-site events and meetings, including selecting venues, developing agendas, coordinating travel, meals, etc.
• Vendor management – open POs, contracts, process invoices for payment,
• Assist with managing the commercial budget, track and update spending
• Work closely and effectively with the leadership team to keep them well
informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up
• Represents executive(s) in interactions with both internal and external
stakeholders on a daily basis, operating with efficiency, enthusiasm, and
• Maintain filing systems to ensure proper and timely handling of
correspondence, documents, materials and records.
• Assistance with onboarding of new hires, vendors and contractors.
• Manage and treat highly confidential information professionally and in
accordance with expectations of senior leaders.
• 5 + years related experience working in a high-growth and fast-paced
• Experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry required.
• Experience supporting C-level executives preferred.
• Superior organizational, administrative, analytical skills and exceptional
attention to detail.
• A tenacious yet flexible problem-solver with an ability to manage complex
tasks, prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
• Ability to manage the activities and schedules of multiple senior leaders with
little or no supervision and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Skilled at exhibiting patience, respect and grace under pressure.
• Critical thinker who is proactive.
• Team player, who fosters collaboration
• Strong communication skills
• MS Office skills required (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Deciphera offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for either health care and/or dependent care.